Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Neutral Milk Hotel

I have checked them out in the past and thought they were pretty cool, but it never moved me. I remember being surprised when I went to the Colbert Show and he was doing his Q&A with the crowd before getting in character and gave NMH as his favorite band when asked. I checked them out again recently and like In An Aeroplane Over the Sea a lot, though some tracks a lot more than others.

I'm really really blown away by the song "Two-Headed Boy" though. I'm prone to hyperbole when I'm obsessed with a song/album/artist, but I'm feeling like this is one of the best songs I've ever heard. The lyrics give me chills and the delivery--defiant and beautiful--perfectly matches those lyrics and both the urgent pace of the music. If you don't know this song, check it out. If you do, go listen again.

No comments: