Wednesday, June 13, 2012




Here is a new 7" I got a few weeks ago on the Peckings label. I don't have much from them but what I've heard is top shelf reggae. Kind of a blending of old school and new school - this 45 uses the rhythm from the Maytal's 54-46. The Macka B track is great. It was released this year - proof that vital reggae is still being made.

Been listing to new and old hardcore/punk lately as well. Agnostic Front's "Victim in Pain" and "United Blood EP", Classics of Love, a weird German punk 7", strange Canadian grindcore. Also hit the public library the other day and checked out the 2010 reissue of the first 4 Off! EPs.

The library also had some Numero Group CDs. I'm way late to that party but I'm really digging the three CDs I've heard so far - Capsoul, Deep City and Prix. The CDs covers are pictures of 45s so I was instantly drawn to them.

No comments: