Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's been a while since I've rapped at you...

DISCLAIMER: I am not a paid spokesperson for the microfiber cloth industry just someone who was impressed with how well they clean records. 

The flea market guy was at his stall Saturday - normally he has someone run it for him - and he told me how he cleans almost all of his records (not for 78rpms or shellac).  He has a spray bottle filled about an 1" or so with alcohol and the rest with distilled water.  He sprays the record and uses a microfiber cloth to clean.  Across the street was an auto parts store so I bought a dozen small cloths and tried it.  I was amazed at how much dirt that cloth pulled out. It was a lot.

I was also the first person to dig through two new crates of 45s.  I pulled out a lot of small Southern labels from Nashville, Texas, Alabama along with the usual Stax, Chess, etc.  There were a lot of gospel 45s in the crates too.  Good haul - picked up just shy of 100 - but no discount this time due to me popping the crates' cherries so they were a straight $0.50 a piece.  He did throw in a mint picture sleeve for a Creedence 7" I have so that was cool.  Here are few that I got.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



1 comment:

DC said...

Dope. I don't really do 45's, but i've been on the digging in the $1.00 crates tip lately. Quanity over quality, trying to fill up that IKEA shelf.