Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Anvil! The Story of Anvil

I don't listen to much (read: ANY) metal. But for some reason, almost every movie about heavy metal (or vaguely heavy metal) music I see I tend to find pretty great ("Some Kind of Monster," "End of Civilization pt. II: The Metal Years"). This one, "Anvil: the Story of Anvil" I just watched a couple of nights ago. While it is very much the "true" version of spinal tap, there is something very inspiring about the two galoots who are the leaders of this band. Anywho... I thought I'd hip people to it--or more likely, remind them about it. Put it in your netflix queue for a good time.

5 comments:

ator said...

Speaking of "Decline of Western Civilization", remember that band Odin in it? The guys who sat around in the jacuzzi drinking whiskey straight from the bottle and talking about how theyd rather die than not "make it"? Well, those champs have an official MySpace page in case you were wondering what happened to them:

http://www.myspace.com/mightyodin

Check out the "before and after" pics, and even more importantly, the band description. Fun times!

Gabino said...

Can't wait to see it, I have a love of metal that equals my love of any hipster genre of music I've commented about here. I actually found some Anvil on Capt Crawl after reading about that flick, perfectly enjoyable cheese. There is something about his vocal inflection that is particularly goofy though, sounds close to self parody.

DC said...

Any of you guys catch the article about Lemmy in Rolling Stone last month? It was totally fascinating. I was going to do a post about it.

comfortstarr said...

Gabino, the vocal inflection is due to a heavy Canadian accent singing in fake Brit accent!

Gabino said...

Ha! makes sense.