Thursday, October 9, 2008

RECORD LABELS

I'm pretty loyal to certain labels. There are some labels that all of their new releases are an automatic buy even if I've never heard of the artist before. In my youth it was labels like:






When I was heavy into house and electronic stuff it was labels like:



etc, etc, etc.

These days I don't have many. One recent label that seems to have fallen on hard times lately is:


A great root reggae re-issue label.

So...what about you? Any labels you go out of your way to collect? Blue Note? Trojan? Underground Construction?

4 comments:

Gabino said...

I will auto-grab any MPS reissues. They were a 60's & 70's German jazz label, Dave Pike, Hans Koller, Wolfgang Dauner, etc. Always worth checking out....

DC said...

Strata East gives me a boner.

EJ said...

Thrill Jockey
Constellation
Fat Cat
Soul Jazz
Stones Throw
Cryptogramophone

shadow of shathragot said...

U.K. drum and bass outfit Hospital Records.