Friday, October 3, 2008

TVOTR Pt.2



I just moved, and while unpacking I came across 2 unused iTunes gift certificates. Score! So I loaded them up to buy some legally downloaded tunes at iTunes, and got that new TV on the Radio joint.

Following up on my man Pete's post a few weeks ago. It's good... it's good. Not 9.7 good like Pitchfork gave it, but good. Really dense, lots of things going on, very interesting sonically. Not a lot of guitars on here. A lot of tracks are just like 3 Moogs and strings. Kind of has an 80's vibe underlying it. "Dancing Change" is going for a "It's The End of The World As We Know It" thing. One other song rips off Tom Petty "Running Down A Dream" melody.

All in all, this band is one of the most fresh, exciting bands to come out in like 10 years so this is automatic, so, yeah, buy it or hit me up for a trade.

DC LOOCHA

4 comments:

Jim Turbert said...

"All in all, this band is one of the most fresh, exciting bands to come out in like 10 years"

yep.

EJ said...

i feel like i've been on a hate spree lately....but i really hate this band.

DC said...

Really? That's so crazy, you are the only person I know that isn't feeling this band.

T.J. said...

Finally checking this out. So far, pretty good. I'm having the same reaction I've had to the previous albums: I like their darker shit.