Wednesday, December 31, 2008

officially been chopped and screwed screwed

hahaha, I heard this on the radio while driving around in my Mom's Ford Focus while visiting my sister in Belleville, Illinois this week (birthplace of Jeff Tweedy, FYI).

This is everything terrible about top 40 Rap/R&B (the ubiquitous drum sounds, the obligatory auto-tuned out vocals) but the chorus is so bugged out I thought it was noteworthy. It's almost like Squarepusher it is so bugged out. Also it's catchy as hell... I've been singing it (faux auto tune effect and all) for three days, much to the wife's chagrin. At least stick around to the 1:00 minute mark for that chorus.

Also, it fun to change the lyrics for your everyday life like "You know my name is D-C Looch, Looch", or "I'm about to drink a fucking brew, brew, dude, dude", or "I have to make a call to Senior Goob, Goob" or "I need to go put on my shoes, shoes, what, what"...

hahaha, that shit cracks me up, I hope at least one of you feels me on this...

3 comments:

DC said...

Plus the Ludacris cameo is so cliche. And how can you now feel a song where 2nd verse starts "Have you ever been in the VIP room at your favorite strip club?"

rootless said...

I'm sure you are driving your wife nuts with your T-Pain imitation.....

I feel you, mainstream hip-hop is so terrible. I was going to post about Lil' Wayne and see if any of you are into that or understand why this dude is not only popular but gets props from a lot of music critics as well. I read a profile in GQ that made him sound like a Prince/George Clinton/Sun-Ra style eccentric genius. Made me check out The Carter 3 (I downloaded that, dude sold 3 million records....) and it is terrible, just stupid braggadocio and more of the same gangster stories, plus those terrible over-produced vocals that DC was talking about.

Jim Turbert said...

i can't handle this, but i CAN totally relate to his musings about misunderstanding the intentions of the performers at my favorite gentlemen's club.