Thursday, December 18, 2008

What are you listening to?

7 Days and not one of your motherf*ckers posted about what you are listening to?! Everyday I check in and read that same Rapeman post and think "Am I a pretentious douche bag?" But, I mean, Wilco?!?!

Anywho, I'll hold this thing down myself, screw it. I actually went outside for lunch today for the first time in 2 weeks and went and bought records.

I wanted to get this new Numero group joint for a while. Numero Group is a record label that puts out high quality shit. Their "Eccentric Soul" series is bomb. They pick a label or scene and collect everything that ever came out (sometimes only a hand full of 45's) dig up the history and package the whole thing in deluxe beautiful packaging, extensive liner notes, and amazing music. At some point I started getting them all on vinyl and now I'm hooked. Each one is a fat 2 LP gatefold, they look great on a shelf with each other.



The new one, Twinight Label retrospective, is a 4 LP blow out. Beautiful packaging, check this shit out... like almost an inch thick. This thing is like 5 pounds:



Then there are four covers inside with extensive liner notes... EXTENSIVE!




Good stuff. Then, I found this "Dome" LP. I've been on the look out for this for a while. It's pretty rare. Dome is the side project of 2 guys in the band "Wire". It sounds like Wire, but way way more bugged out. It's pretty cool, I'll definitely rip this so if you want it holla at me.



Lastly, even though I'm sitting on 4.3 DAYS of top shelf rare reggae, plus 4 inches of reggae on the record shelf, I spent $10 dollars of my hard earned money on this record for no good reason:



I need an intervention.

How about you, friends? What are you listening to right now?

dc

1 comment:

T.J. said...

I'm stuck on Deerhunter... over and over and over again.

That Dome album sounds interesting. I'd love to hear more.

I've got a holiday related post in the pipeline. Nothing too major, just something I've been enjoying the last few years.