Monday, January 25, 2010

Flea market finds












Picked up a whole slew of vinyl this weekend at a flea market. $1 LPs and $0.50 45rpms. Spent about $45 all told. These two 45s from the Prophets label were a little more expensive than the rest at around $4 a pop. I'm almost positive they are original pressings so that price was probably a bargain.
The Dillinger track was used on the Yabba You "Jesus Dread" compilation on Blood and Fire. Niiiice!!
One $1 LP that probably comes close to covering the cost for everything I bought was a nice copy of Ravi Shankar & Andre Previn - London Symphony Orchestra - Concerto For Sitar & Orchestra.












3 comments:

blablazo said...

The pics are all cut off and funky when I view it. Sorry about that!! I'm not the best at using this blog website.

And since I'm making a comment I'll mention that the Pat Kelly song was featured on 4xCD set "Tougher Than Tough - The Story Of Jamaican Music." A nice collection of music.

I was extremely stoked to find these. I talked to the guy running the stall and he mentioned he had a bunch more reggae 45s that he'll bring for me to peruse next week. If they are as good as these I'll be in heaven. Especially since the guy said he really doesn't have a clue when it comes to reggae.

Gabino said...

congrats, just got that Blood & Fire Yabby You thing, what a great label.

DC said...

Well played, Bla Blazo... well played.