Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Other Music Scores

Good scores at Other Music in NYC today...

Sun Araw/Predator Vision split 12" just sitting as the first record in the bin?!?! Fuck yeah. Any of you guys feeling me on Sun Araw?



I LOVE this record by Crescent. I must have hit some of you off with it over the years. This is perfect example of an album I already have on iTunes that's totally worth $6.99 to have it on vinyl. This will get a lot of play in my house. Psyched.



Oh what, how about a new vinyl-only super limited edition Mountains EP with hand stenciled cover that comes with an MP3 download? I got the last one in the store. Sounds dope, right? Maybe you want to go pick one up? Too bad, Thrill Jockey site says SOLD OUT! DC! DC!!! DC!!!!!



Last thing i got was this "box set" by label 1928 Records, the label that put out that LP by "The Muslims" (later named The Soft Pack) that i blogged about like a year ago. It's three 7" and a pack of matches that comes in a cigar box. Good stuff, I'll digitize this.



If anyone lives in NYC, there is also an art show going on in the space where the Tower Records used to be across from Other Music (4th and Broadway in SoHo) that was really cool, here's a link with the info. Recommended if you are in the neighborhood.

Stay up.

dc

3 comments:

rootless said...

Sun Araw are okay but they seem to be approaching Valet status for you. Please send me any Mountains tracks that I don't have.

K. Lastima said...

Thanks, DC for hooking me and my MPLS friends up with Valet...I don't know what status that is.

DC said...

"Gay for Valet" status