Thursday, March 11, 2010

new releases........

way, way back in the day...... back in the early 00's, I always thought that "Liars" were the best of that crop of "dance punk" bands that were all the rage back then. They sort of had a Jesus Lizard thing going there for a while, but then they fired their drummer/bassist and got all weird and Sonic Youth-y on us. Long story short, I tried to be dutiful and stick by these guys, but their last few albums just seemed lame and uninspired.

But some of the reviews I read of their new album seemed pretty intriguing, so I listened to some of the trax on their MySpace page, and I have to admit, it actually sounds pretty fucking badass. So maybe I wrote them off prematurely or something. Anyone else listening to this new album? Thoughts on it? I know someone else posted about this album a while back, but thought it was worth a quick revisit

Another new release this week that has piqued my interest a bit is that new Gorillaz album. Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on that one as well.

over and out.

2 comments:

EJ said...

i think there was a post about Sisterworld...that's the Liars' latest one, right? I really like it. To me, a lot of their songs are merely ok, but then a song will pop up in the middle of a record that blows me away.

I also got that new Gorillaz, I've only heard a couple tracks so far, so the verdict's still out, but right now I'm leaning towards "meh."

ator said...

yeah, "Sisterworld" is the Liars new one. Even the title is Sonic Youth-like, not to mention the fact that theyre signed to Mute Records! But I give them credit for coming more and more into their own, at least from what Ive heard of the new one.

I still need to check out the new Gorillaz.......