Monday, September 21, 2009

More Records

Damn! When I said no more records I forgot about these joints i ordered from Numero Group website!

First off, I will reiterate my statement that I PROMISE to spend $20 on every 2LP set Numero puts out until I die. Secondly, if you are going to buy, go direct from their website... free shipping and they throw in stickers and shit.



First one I got is just a rare, great psych pop record that is like a private press from Rockford, Illinois, "Pisces". It's actually dope with drum breaks and a few platinum-certified hits, but this is what i was the most psyched about...



The third in the "Wayfaring Strangers" series. #1 was Ladies of the Canyon, all Joan Baez wannabes form the early 70's, but it is so good. #2 was "Guitar Soli", all rare, back of the salvation army stacks acoustic guitar in John Fahey tip. Amazing, plus awesome packaging. This one is "Lonesome Heroes", and the dudes get their shine on with all male singer/songwriter types. It pretty much has not left the turntable since Saturday. If the first song, "Before" by (ex hockey player) Jim Schoenfeld doesn't get you then you are not alive, my friend.

I want to share this tune with you but i'm such a retard technology wise that the only way i could swing it was by making this ghetto slideshow for 3:00 so i could add as audio track in iMovie. Check it out with your headphones on and your eyes closed.



Keep fucking that chicken,

dc

3 comments:

Pete said...

Friend request?

DC said...

Ok, that should have fixed it. Stupid f(*&%in' YouTube...

Jim Turbert said...

i forgot to close my eyes.