Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cymbals Eat Guitars

I know I'm lame. I stopped listening to James Blood Ulmer decades ago. I don't own anything by Frank Zappa. When a cLOUDDEAD tune pops up on the 'ol iPod I tend to give it a knock to check that it's not busted... Yes, I return to the same well again and again and... Sadly, I'm risk adverse.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/12826-why-there-are-mountains/

Just got their one and only off of emusic. Pretty awesome stuff in the vein of Pavement via Abe Vigoda via Built to Spill. I don't feel guilty for liking the music of my people: upper-middle-class white boys/men of the early to late gen x period (which, to be honest, probably makes this particular act a revival one).

1 comment:

DC said...

Kind of a Modest Mouse thing going on, too? I could use more stuff like this...