Saturday, November 14, 2009

really cool jazz blog

Found another killer blog--there are so many now--with great jazz albums called seventeen green buicks. Unlike My Jazz World, which has tons of cheesy stuff on there along with some good finds, this dude has great taste and I've wanted most things on there. I've been on a flurry of downloading and found some killer Paul Chambers and Paul Motion albums in particular. I would actually like to start a blog like this where I could just randomly upload albums to share, give a line or two about what they are like, etc. But I'm wary of the record companies, though I wonder if you could do it on a members-only basis, kind of like posting on WWLTN, where you need to get the approval of DC the grand pooba before you can post.

2 comments:

DC said...

good looking out.

This Donald Byrd Album is awesome:

http://17greenbuicks.blogspot.com/2009/07/donald-byrd-kofi.html

I haven't been on the jazz tip much lately.

Gabino said...

It's a great blog, thanks for the tip.