Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Das Racist



Check out this post on StreetBoners.com with a download of Das Racist's new "mix tape". That Site has been riding this band's jock pretty hard for a while now. I think some, if not most, of you guys will hate this. It couldn't be more Williamsburg-ed out. But I like it, and even though it is funny/jokey (not something i typically like) it is definitely "real".

I checked out "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell" on their MySpace a few weeks ago and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

Whatever, I'm not wasting any more time trying to hype this one. Check it out, "Das Racist". Enjoy!

dc

1 comment:

Steven Lougheed aka DangerPup said...

Thanks for turning me on to this DC.
After one listen, I am convinced that "Combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell" needs to be recorded to vinyl, magnetic and digital media, and stored in a time-capsule for future generations to know the types of food choices their ancestors had access to, in one location no less.
In addition, NASA needs to be broadcasting this repeatedly into space to assist other sentient life in their understanding of the USA.

And I'm only half-joking, this type of music, just drenched in pop culture references, dates itself and provides some type of documentation of the times it was made.

Wikipedia Brown, nuff said.