Monday, February 8, 2010

Empty The Sun





Here's one I've been meaning to blog about for a minute. I stumbled on this at Academy Records in East Village, never heard of it. "Empty The Sun", music by Six Organs of Admittance, including a novel by Joseph Mattson. Not bad for $15 bucks.

Meh, "novel" might be laying it on a bit thick, but it is a substantial story with blurb from Jery Stahl and James Greer on the back. Haven't read it yet, but the LP is nice, good Six Organs acoustic guitar stuff, a little more mellow/mainstream than their (his?) other stuff, although a couple songs have that weird pseudo satanic weird spooky voodoo vibe. Seriously, sometimes when I'm listening to Six Organs of Admittance I feel like there is some satanic mojo in the air, like it would be perfect music to do a OUIJA board to. But this one is pretty listener friendly and has been getting a lot of play in my house.

D-Nice

P.S. I hate Vampire Weekend 10 times more than EJ hates Dirty Projectors, but the new Spoon is a'ight.

1 comment:

rootless said...

Hahaha, Vampire Weekend is the ultimate anti-DC band, even more than Death Cab for Cutie or the Shins, or maybe even Passion Pit. I like their new record though and don't care.

Hook me up with that Six Organs of Admittance mellow album, I'm with you on the satanic mojo feel, that is music to sacrifice a goat to.