Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cosmic Hearse


I like this guy a lot. I don't grab everything he posts, but something about the album artwork and the way he writes never fails to entertain. Ridiculously deep collection of obscure golden age metal (my tag for late 80's early 90's shit & all those NWOBHM-ish Acronym sub-genres I'm not cool enough to decipher), a bit 'o' hardcore and some ephemera that might interest someone into Polish black metal demos from 1991. Check out some of these sweet covers and tell me you're not interested, at least a little....





5 comments:

ator said...

awesome, thanks for the heads up! that "Kuman" album cover is really cracking me up.... i gotta hear that shit

I recognize the title graphic from the blog homepage, but can't quite put my finger on it. Wasn't that in the D&D "Dieties and Demigods" manual or something?!?!?! someone help me out here......

Gabino said...

Kuman, yeah, if you put a sticker on your album saying ROCK OPERA you better be delivering the goods.

DC said...

haha. Yeah that is the deities and demigods cover. you just exposed yourself as D&D dork... but guess i did as well.

Pete said...

Great site find! Lots of great West Coast punk/hardcore finds. I used to listen to some of these on cassettes that must've been 4th or 5th generation copies. That Verbal Abuse joint brought it all right back. Cassettes long since lost, eaten or whatever ways tapes met their demise. Thanks again!

ator said...

YES! thanks for the verification DC. good to see a fellow D&D dork on here :)

i still have all of those old-school books and manuals in a box in my attic somewhere.... including the OG Dungeon Master's guide with the "Efreeti" on the cover. i think i even have the one with the "Sons of Kyuss" in it (gotta keep this shit music-related)