Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Berlin Anyone?

Speaking of Lou, there's been some press about a recent live performance of this which I don't really give a crap about, but it has made me want to revisit the album. I 'm honestly not much of a Lou man except for the Velvets and this, and I think the germ of most of these songs are Velvets bits. For all its hype about being the most depressing album of all time it's no biggie by todays standards, and it's no more of a downer than say Lenny's "Songs of Love and Hate" or Big Star's 3rd. It does share similar moments of beauty and despair with those two albums, and it has one of those big 70's analog productions (Bob Ezrin) that they just don't do anymore. Too lazy too post tracks but if you've never heard it I'd say you should...

2 comments:

JKP said...

and not one comment? How do you think it feels?

Gabino said...

Anyone else would've broken all their arms........