Thursday, November 27, 2008

Complete Stax/Volt Singles

Somebody - maybe my man Pete Angeli - hooked me with "The Complete Stax / Volt Singles: 1959-1968" 5 disc set in a trade one time. This thing is a score. Thanksgiving, my mom and sister and mother-in-law are over. What do you put on? "The Complete Stax / Volt Singles" on shuffle. Tons of jams, some you know, lots you don't... some straight up funk jams, some mellow soul ballads. 5.8 hours of music. It's like the best oldies station. Perfect background music. If we trade some music remind me and i'll throw it on there, good to have in your back pocket.

Stay up.

dc

4 comments:

Gabino said...

Is that volume 2? I have the original set which was 9 discs but then there was a vol 2 and then then a different set came out of some configurtion, but yeah, it is all the shit.

DC said...

9 disc? oh snap.

Pete said...

Dan. I do have the 9 disc set. Well I borrowed it from my library anyway. Is it possible I only gave you discs 1-5? If so, I'll make sure you get the 6-9 on the next swap.

Gabino said...

Hey, somebody get the second set while your at it.......