Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kid Scooba

The other thing I'm checking out this weekend is the latest joint from Kid Scooba. No one really knows who Kid Scooba is, he's more reclusive and weird than that German dude who makes music under the name Burial. I heard Kid Scooba is also German, but that he spent a lot of time in Asia. Hard to describe what the music sounds like, but if Sun Ra was raped by that weird Aphex Twin Man/bikini-babe character, and the bastard  child was brought up by Brian Eno, it would probably sound like Kid Scooba. 

1 comment:

DC said...

Kid Scooba is just me playing live, improvised electronic and sample-based music, mostly with no beats and just more of a bug out/ambient thing.

It mainly came out of me working on some stuff with the Scoobie Brothers in the studio, and just taking it in a different direction. Those guys have been extremely supportive and I am really appreciative.

Keep an eye out for Scoobie Nation website coming in 2009, y'all.

dc