Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Closet Mixes



I got the Velvet Underground "The Closet Mixes" in a trade with Gabino ( I think it was part of the "Peel Slowly and See" box set).

I think The Closet Mixes were Lou Reed's mixes of the "Velvet Underground" album on MGM, called Closet Mixes because they sound tight and cramped in.

Anywho, all I'm saying is I can listen to "Some Kind of Love (Closet Mix)" on infinite repeat for the rest of life. Luckily it was on YouTube, because as far as I can tell the BooMP3 era is over... that site is totally fucked.



Happy Thankgiving, my friends.

2 comments:

Gabino said...

Diff version of "Some Kind of Love" and gtr solo on "What Goes On" along with mix if I remember correctly. Both versions have been available through the years (I actually prefer the non-closet mix, sorry Lou) and in the vinyl years they were both in print with same cover, they only way to tell them apart was the catalog number.

DC said...

Esoteric record knowledge! Awesome.