Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've been listening to soundsystem recordings as of late. One of my favorite music sites to go to is Who Cork the Dance? They're now featuring a bunch of "line in" recordings (aka soundboard recordings) rather than "in the dance" recordings (aka audience recordings). Love that site a lot...especially now that I'm more interested in early 80s dancehall reggae.






I've also been listening to some jazzy stuff as well. I went to a used CD store the other day and got a fair amount of good stuff. I picked up a copy of the remastered Repeater + 3 Songs. Now, I sold my original copy of this a long time ago so hearing this again really brought me back. Way back. Joe #1!

Okay, so Fugazi isn't the jazzy stuff I mentioned but that trip to the CD score also dug up Jimmy Smith Live! Root Down:




And for the record the other CDs were Happy Monday's "Yes, Please," Lagwagon's "Let's Talk about Feelings" and a CD/DVD by Funki Porcini "Fast Asleep." Not bad for a little over $20.

I've also had Miles Smiles in my CD player a lot lately:



And last but not least, in the CD changer after Miles Smiles is "It's All Around You" by Tortoise.

3 comments:

DC said...

"Song #1 is not a fuck you song."

Good looking, although that is my least favorite Tortoise album.

T.J. said...

Thanks for the nuggets.

blablazo said...

That is your least favorite Tortoise album??!! I probably listen to that one the most.