Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dead Man - Euphoria

I've been listening to this record for a few days now.  The internet tells me it came out in March, and I wish I realized that then, because I could have been listening to its retro proggy goodness all this time.  When I refer to proggy goodness I mean it in the early seventies krautrock kind of way, not the Dream Theatre Berkelee College sort of way.  You should check it out.  You can listen to a bunch of tracks on their myspace page >>>  http://www.myspace.com/deadmansweden
that very same page says they'll be playing in Brooklyn at a place called Union Pool on Thursday for you New Yorkers.    

2 comments:

DC said...

I like this. reminds me of "Dungen" kind of.

I liek how they have all teh cliche psych lyrics: "go on a trip to the center of your mind", "relax and float downstream", etc.

mandrew5000 said...

Nice. I missed the union pool show but will def check them out this saturday in nyc. Does have a dungen-ie sound. Though, if i had to choose a dead man I would still fo for Neil Young's amazing score to the b&w Jim Jarmusch movie.