Monday, February 2, 2009

Psychic Ills "Mirror Eye"



I got the new Psychic Ills joint, "Mirror Eye". Who even knew there was a new Psychic Ills CD?

It kind of sucks, though. Their album "Dins" (great album you need) was combo of weirdo sound passages grounded with solid rock/psych jams with over-effected vocals that were cool. This one is just weirdo stoner droney bugg out with no real rock to speak of and no vocals at all.

I mean, i'd take it for free to listen to it once or twice, but not worth $7.99 of your hard earned money on iTunes. Or rather, wasn't worth $7.99 of MY hard earned money on iTunes.

D-Nice

3 comments:

Gabino said...

They all have a sheepish guilty look in that pic, like they didn't quite earn your $7.99

Hey DC send me your new address, I have a couple gigs for you.....

DC said...

I may have been a little harsh. This doesn't "suck", necessarily... it's just not as good as their other stuff.

Sounds like they got a free pass to use the studio, smoked a ton of weed, and just played around with the synthesizers laying around. "Album done, dudes! (high fives all around)"

T.J. said...

Dang. Bummed to hear they floated one out there. I love the Ills...