Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fucked Up -- The Chemistry of Common Life

Maybe I've been listening to too much Bon Iver, okay there's not a doubt I've been listening to too much Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, PB&J, M.Ward and lots more seriously "pretty" rock/folk lately. So when I first heard about Fucked Up (on a pitchfork best of '08 list I believe) as a punk/hardcore outfit with early smashing pumpkins-esque guitar overdubs (allegedly fu averages something silly like 70 per track) with loud/quiet/loud bossanova-era Pixies Rawk with Cookie Monster/Motorhead vocals screaming lyrics like "it's hard enough being born in the first place/why would I want to be born again?" I thought to myself holy shit! and was not disappointed.
This is my new favorite shit to rock out on a crowded f train or am otherwise in danger of like a commuter robot in a suit . Highly recommended when you need some RAWK.

2 comments:

DC said...

heard a lot of "chatter" about these guys but never checked them out... I'm up for some rock

ator said...

hey, these guys totally flew under the radar for me (never hoid of them) but based on your description i will def be checking them out

thank you, blog!