Tuesday, December 22, 2009


Very nice score for $1 at a flea market. Recorded Sept 9th 1958 in Washington, DC.

My favorite releases from 2009 are:

Afrikan Simba - Power in the Word / Protect I 12"

I love this record a little too much. Nice rootsy release from Afrikan Simba. Jahtari is putting out some great reggae music right now. I have about three more Jahtari 12"s and LPs in the queue for my next purchase.


The Orb - Orbsessions Vol. 3: Baghdad Batteries

A nice balance of Fehlmann and Paterson on this one. The second half of this CD really shines. The best orb album in a while.

Spider and the Flies - Something Clockwork This Way Comes

Something about this release really appeals to me. Nice mellowish electronic music.


Paint it Black - Surrender 7"
Paint it Black - Amnesia 7"

Someone I know is into this kind of hardcore and buys a bunch of it on vinyl. He doesn't have a record player so I transfer them for him. I've grown to like this band. The lyrics can be dopey at times and the singer kinda sounds like Henry Rollins but I enjoyed these 7" a lot and their 2008 release "New Lexicon."


Liquid Wicked / Twisted - The Governor / The Superpowers

Dubstep. I'm kinda new to the style but love the bass on this one. The B side is especially nice.

That's all I've got. I tried to listed to new music in 2009 and succeded for the most part.

Cheers! Happy Holidays and all that....

3 comments:

DC said...

Is that the Ween box set on vinyl i see? Well played.

Spider and Flies or whatever... tha cover looked cool. I'll check it out.

blablazo said...

Yes, that's the ween box set - #0564 if you're keeping score. I've only listened to White Pepper so far and it sounded great. I hear there are some issues with 12 Country Golden Greats though - the one I was most excited to have on vinyl. The records themselves look great - especially the aqua green Mollusk.

I think the Spider thing is a side project of another band called The Horrors? or something like that. I've never heard the Horrors but certainly enjoyed this release. I think you'll dig it. I think it's the only one on my list that I downloaded and don't own a physical copy of....

rootless said...

I want to check out Spider and flies, thanks for that. I'ma hit up everyone with my best of list next week.......