Saturday, December 19, 2009

Year End

Been so busy at work i'm barely listening to music at all lately.

I went back through the blog and here are my 2009 recaps:

*Album of the Year:
1) Kurt Vile "Constant Hitmaker" on Woodsist
2) FIrst runner up, Mountains "Choral"
3) Second runner up, Merriweather Post Pavilion

*Best Funk Blog Score: Tie between Roger and Human Body and Madhouse

*Best YouTube clip of the year: That Carl Sagan Remix. I watched that a million times.

*Best thing i experienced on the internet in 2009: http://thru-you.com/

*Best Catch Phrase: Keep fucking that chicken

*Best Album downloaded by me in 2009: Colin Wilkie and Shirley Hart, that just really is an amazing cd to me and has become all time classic.

*Best tip-off from a blog member: Goes to............ TJ River tipping me off to Black Moth Super Rainbow.

Check you in 2010 fellas.

dc

4 comments:

Gabino said...

What's the deal with that Colin Wilkie and Shirley Hart? just Capt Crawled and got nothing.

DC said...

It's on mps, dude. It's like pentangle meets albert ayler. I don't know, I think it's amazing.

Gabino said...

Oh Yeah, that wild goose thing. WTF, I got too much music..........

T.J. said...

Ah yeah. I'm like the Silent Bob of this blog.

I do jest. I certainly hope to be more active on here in '10.

I love the Kurt Vile. Been listening to that Childish Prodigy album regularly. Thanks for that. I just did a little search and realized how much Vile stuff is out there and how little I have. His and the Ty Segall stuff has to be some of the biggest standouts for me in recent memory.

Where did this year go? Every album that I'd like to peg as a "best of '09" is not '09. I've got a couple '08s. Even an '07 or two. Jesus.

The Dead Weather is worth a mention.

Thanks to everyone for all the continued good music leads.