Friday, January 16, 2009

VINYL

I'm not a big record collector, like...say...DC Looch. In my defense, whenever I see a cool record cover or a record I know is hot shit, I drop the bread and add it to my small but (self-proclaimed) awesome collection. Case in point:




Juan Garcia Esquivel was a Mexican arranger and composer. His is known mostly for his wacky, zany, '60s arrangements of standards that are anything but standard. He has an album called Space Age Bachelor Pad Music, and that pretty much sums up exactly how his music sounds. How could you pass up a record with a cover like that???




I didn't buy this next one, but it's at my house now, and I just thought I'd mention it. It's an album of standards sung by Tony Perkins. Yes, that's Anthony Perkins from the iconic film Psycho. He wears a creepy trenchcoat and croons.

2 comments:

shadow of shathragot said...

When did Toby Maguire aka Peter Parker join this blog! Hey man when I wear a suit everyone says I look like Obama!

DC said...

OH SNAP!