Monday, March 9, 2009

Fever Ray

I heard this shit in a coffee shop in the West Village and liked it enough to ask what it was. Fever Ray.

It’s pretty rad. It’s like a cooler, spookier Bjork. She’s half of a band called The Knife (?) that are supposedly pretty hot shit. I checked out the Fever Ray myspace page and ended up picking it up on iTunes.

That first song on the myspace page, "If I had a Heart" got stuck in my head so bad. It is such a good jam, but it is so spooky. The first remix is real good, the beats take the edge off the spookiness… there is also a remix by the Fuck Buttons. But that spooky jam got stuck in my head and really started to mess with me. I pictured being in a death cult sacrifice ritual in a cave in Iceland or something. I’m serious, it really started to make me feel weird and satanic. Then I checked the video (below)… OH DAMN! That shit is spooky, yo. Watch that alone in your place with no lights on except a candle with a mirror next to your laptop and you will see the Candyman. The rest of the album isn’t that spooky at all… some of it is downright gay borderline 80’s, but it's all right. But that spooky video and song below will fuck you up. I dare any of you to take the spooky Fever Ray candlelight only video challenge.

D-Styles

4 comments:

rootless said...

I took it and I passed with flying colors. Kind of spooky, but no big deal. What the hell is supposed to be going on there? The house with all the dead people and then the kids going through the marsh? The video was more interesting than the song, which was really just some dark chanting over the same music the whole time (not that I have a problem with that). But I'd be curious to hear the album, DC, hook it up....-----

Gabino said...

Cool, it's like death metal with no guitars, sort of......

DC said...

and Bjork singing

Gabino said...

Little Sigur Ros in there too.