Thursday, May 28, 2009

Google Sites + ODEO

I couldn't leave it alone. Using a combination of Google Sites (which you can sign up for free, you can get 100mb of ftp space. That means that you can use the Odeo player that I used in previous posts. This is faster than the below post about making QT movies and uploading to blogger. Once you fill up your 100mb, I think you can sign up for another 100mb. I'm not sure about that, but I am sure that 100mb will get you 30 three minute long 128kb mp3s. The code for the odeo player can be found here > http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/07/embed-mp3-files-into-your-website.html.



Here's the song I uploaded in the demo. Since I live in Holland, I've decided to use a Dutch band called Ro-d-ys. The song is called Unforgettable Girl.

8 comments:

Gabino said...

Since it seems like 85% of everybody's new stuff is downloaded, wouldn't it be easier to just post the Rapidshare info and then you could all just check out the whole thing and pitch it if you don't like?

Jim Turbert said...

yes, it would be easier, but i think some people like hearing a track or two before downloading. this may be because of the rapidshare wait period, or maybe the instant gratification of a quick sample is appealing. i know it appeals to me.
you don't have to post clips if you don't want to. i think it's cool to include a clip or two in a post, but i agree that it is a pain in the ass. i posted these because dc asked how i did it, and i have a bit of free time on my hands.

Jim Turbert said...

oh yeah... also, if i download some fresh files, i don't necessarily listen to them immediately. if i do listen to them immediately, i may not feel the urge to comment on them for awhile. by the time i post about them i often don't remember where i got them.

Gabino said...

Yeah the clips are cool. I was just assuming everyone was as lazy as I am

DC said...

so... many... words....

Appreciate the effort, Jim, but unless I get seriously fired up I think i'll wind up just doing an iMovie > YouTube hack job to give people a preview.

But who knows?!?! Maybe I'll do this tongiht and surprise all you mothersuckers.

Jim Turbert said...

"iMovie > YouTube hack job"

that's kind of like what the other post is about, except i used quicktime instead of imovie, and i posted to blogger instead of youtube.

as an aside, i find imovie difficult to use, yet i am very comfortable using the infinitely more complex final cut pro. is that strange?

rootless said...

This whole post is sending me to the 5th dimension...........

Jim Turbert said...

the 5th dimension?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANwIgpha7k