Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not Jazz

Here are a few things I've been checking out that are not jazz:



This is a great album that you can put in the "albums I had on vinyl but then sold like an idiot" category, but the gods of karma have now delivered it to me once agin via this pretty rad garage/psych music blog, http://mza-garage.blogspot.com.

Great late 60's fuzz psych garage jams. Madlib sampled this for "America's Most Blunted" off of the Madvillain LP, and I think the Scoobie Brothers sampled the outro to "Where You Go" on their cult masterpiece the "SB EP".

Anywho, this is fucking killer album. Go get it for free at that blog.



I got this "Japandroids" joint at radiobutt. Meh, if you like No Age or DFA 1979 you might want to get this for a quick listen, but i wouldn't spend money on it. It sounds like a more pussy DFA 1979. It kind of sucks, I guess, but I wanted to shout something out that wasn't jazz.

dc

3 comments:

blablazo said...

I haven't heard it myself but I've been told that Japandroids is wack!

blablazo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.J. said...

Wackadroids, indeed.

That first joint looks like an instant cop, though. Proceeding immediately...

Thanks.