Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rachel's


EJ hooked me up with a couple of albums by Rachel's after I told him I liked "Music for Egon Schiele". I really like these guys, but what the hell do you call this music (and why do I so need to figure that out)? It sounds like classical, and that's what I called it in itunes. I hear them called Post-Rock, but that doesn't sound right, it is strings and piano and much more Bach than Godspeed. Indie-Chamber sounds about right. I don't know how many people on this blog like classical music, I do but it's not genre I know a ton about. But this is really good stuff, very soothing and ambient, but not bland, interesting arrangements, and consistently original.

1 comment:

T.J. said...

I just previewed this and it made me think of two things I find myself frequently going back to: 1) Jonny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood and 2) The Cinematic Orchestra

Maybe it's the cinematic aspect. I'm not sure.

Neither of those are very easily classified, either, interestingly enough.

In any case, it's a nice, mellow alternative. I like it.