Thursday, June 18, 2009

Atlas Sound


Been listening to the new Atlas Sound album "Logos", which can be found on Radiobutt, repeatedly, so good. I think this is really the 2nd Atlas Sound album, it's the solo project of the lead singer from Deerhunter and I like it actually a lot better than Deerhunter, much more blissed-out ambient style. I know DC was sick of looking at Lou Reed but now he's gotta look at Brad Cox, whose got some weird disease that makes him super-skinny. My favorite song off this album so far is "Quick Canal", which I hope isn't about what I think it might be about if you've read about this dude or seen the cover to their first album, urgh.....

2 comments:

DC said...

yuck.

ator said...

cool deal, I've been digging the Atlas Sound stff since finally taking the plunge with Deerhunter (no pun intended), but didnt realize they had a new (Internet only?) album..... I gotta check this one out

speaking of blogs, that guy has one where he also posts some pretty cool mixes:

http://deerhuntertheband.blogspot.com/2009/04/micromix-20.html

might be something to do on this here blog at some point: internet mix exchanges