Friday, June 12, 2009

Gay for Valet



I was checking out my music on my work computer today (keep about 10 GB on there just randomly) and came across Valet, "Naked Acid", which, I will make the statement, pound for pound is my favorite album on the planet. It is just totally exactly where I'm at musically. Love it. I truly am gay for Valet.

So I Gchatted at your boy Rootless and he said "Oh, you got the new Valet? I heard Pitchfork gave it a "meh"..." I cruised over to Pitchfork to check it out, and got as far as the second paragraph where they said "It's only being released digitally and through limited edition vinyl, 500 hand numbered only which is sure to go fast..." and I literally dropped what i was doing (sales rep on other end of the phone saying "hello? hello?") and ran to Other Music to pick it up.

Hahaha, "limited edition vinyl" and it's like Manchurian Candidate, I become a zombie and walk to the nearest record store. Or Reggie Jackson in Naked Gun, "I MUST.. KILL... THE QUEEN..." Anyone feel that?

Anywho, it's pretty cool. They (she? Honey Owens?) covers a song "Rainbows" by Boris and it's supposed to be pretty hot. Came with a download so I'll get it and pass on digitally if we ever do a DVD trade again in this crazy era of blogs and Rapidshare.

Also got the newest Numero Joint.




Keep reaching for that rainbow.

dc

3 comments:

rootless said...

You are gay for Valet. Rip that and hook me up tomorrow, please?

T.J. said...

I just found Naked Acid in that blowout you sent me. Feelin' it.

EJ said...

I'm with DC for about 95% of the time when it comes to music. We share a lot of similar tastes. But when it comes to Valet, just can't be there. Sorry man!