Monday, April 20, 2009

Dirty Projectors

The Dirty Projector's new album "Bitte Orca" is the best of a big batch of new indie rock I've gotten lately. They are from Brooklyn and in some ways this album reminds me of "Saint Dymphyna", the newest Gang Gang Dance, I'm talking about something that sounds original and is a bit all over the map stylistically while always sounding like a band and itself. They sound at times like Animal Collective and then other times like Led Zepplin, and there is one really great track with the female singer on point that reminds me of MIA or Santogold. 

Runner-up is Lackthereof, which has the singer from Menomena, dude's got a really laid back cool voice and the album is mellow, great song-writing and arrangement.

I also like the Notwist, Hood and Midlake.

Raining hard in NYC tonight------------------ 

1 comment:

Jim Turbert said...

I was into their last (first?) record. I will be checking this one out as well.