Monday, April 20, 2009

These are Powers - All Aboard Future


hi. i was just listening to some of the large amount of music procured in 2009, and i stumbled upon these are powers. i thought to myself, "they remind me of liars," so i looked them up. it turns out that the bass player used to be in liars. crazy.
anyway, it is synth laden. i would not call it pop or gay. some of the tracks are quite strong, and some don't do much for me. much of the record is atmospheric with noisy moments blasted into the relative calm. the vocals are not the strongest aspect of this recording, but i totally enjoy the overall sound. i doubt that these are powers will become a favorite, but i will definitely listen again this week. maybe next week as well.

here is a sample entitled "adam's turtle":


best wishes,
jim

4 comments:

rootless said...

Synth-laden is nothing to be ashamed of, despite DC's homophobic comments. I like the song, thanks.

DC said...

I didn't know that was the guy fromLiars, crazy.

I had an album by them that was ok, then my man Bla Blazo hooked me with this (didn't see that one coming... didn't pin you as a fan). This CD is pretty great, in that black dice, gang gang, BK hipster Williamsburg vibe. I like that first song a lot.

blablazo said...

Yeah, I got this a while ago. I liked it enough to send it on to DC.

I picked this up as part of my ongoing effort to listen to music made after the 70's. Hahahaha.

blablazo said...

And I must admit I don't know who the Liars are.