Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Indie Fatigue

Pains of being black moth hunter seksu for vetiver lashes & the horror phoenix dept of nuclear cakes collective

Absolute glut of indie stuff lately, all good and a lot of variety, but still just too damn much at once. Here's some stuff I've thrown in the mix to reel it in:

Neil Young -  Rust never Sleeps
Ann Peebles - Straight from the Heart, Can't Stand the Rain
Fleetwood Mac  - Tusk
Parliaments - Testify! Best of the Early Years
Epic Soundtracks - Sleeping Star
Dead - Wake of the Flood (for DC and the new guy)
Sahib Shihab - Sentiments
Roland Kirk - The Inflated Tear, Domino
Billie Holiday - Decca Recordings
Fairport Convention - Liege & Leaf
Bobby Hutcherson - Montara
Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece
Esbjorn Svensson Trio - Tuesday Wonderland
Orchestre Poly-Rythmo De Cotonou  - The Vodoun effect

There, I'm starting to feel a little better.......


2 comments:

rootless said...

Yo, what's up with Epic Soundtrack? You got good taste, Gabino, but that was so bad I didn't know what was going on. Is it supposed to sound that bad in an ironic way?

Gabino said...

I can't really defend poor Epic, RIP, my tolerance for maudlin is pretty high and I loved the Swell Maps. I tracked it down recently looking for a song (Don't Go to School) that was on the first mix tape I ever made for my wife. You know there is no other way to properly court a young lady......