Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Jazz World - MPS Hookup

    That's "Most Perfect Sound" and not the Beatles crazy WWALT member. MPS is the best German 60's & 70's Freaky Hipster Jazz label EVER, in my humble opinion. There probably weren't many. Their best stuff strikes a fine balance between being outre' but still having a groovy dancefloor vibe, super fun stuff yet still very good jazz. There were a couple of Crippled Dick comps that came out a while back, "Between or Beyond the Black Forest" I & II, that I think are absolutely essential. I pretty much buy anything I find on MPS no questions asked, especially if it has a cool funky cover. Most of the good ones do.





This Wolfgang Dauner is actually on a different label, everything else I have by him is on MPS and this is very typical of his style

Anyway, all of the above are available on that Jazz World blog, I suggest you grab them. The Wolfgang Dauner and Volker Kriegel in particular are the kind of thing I'd see and have to buy as some $35 Japanese import so thanks again to whoever first dropped that on this crowd.


1 comment:

DC said...

AAAAAAHH!!! I need to take a day off work and just download shit 24 hours straight.

myjazzworld is like diggin for records for free from conveneince of your home. Plus they got high quality scan of all the art work.

Awesome