Friday, September 26, 2008

Clinic - Do It!



This is one of those bands that doesn't seem to have a bad track in them. This is also one of those bands that you have to be at least part lunatic to agree with that first claim. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, after all.

There are pieces that remind me a good deal of Can, but the influences are widely varied and the end product is distinctly Clinic. The use of vintage organs and other found instrumentation (fog horns and melodica, anyone?) is freakishly fantastic and all contributes to their signature sound. (Not to mention some great guitar sound and otherworldly vocals.)

I recently saw them play a show at LA's Troubadour. They were decked out in surgical masks and hawaiian shirts. Wonderful weirdos.

Oh, did I mention they're British? That's automatically +2 points as long as we're not talking about food or dental hygiene.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've never dropped acid or done shrooms, but man oh man, if I did, these cats would be spinning the soundtrack...

Boomp3.com

Boomp3.com

Boomp3.com

And one from an earlier release... the one that hooked me...
Boomp3.com


TJ

3 comments:

DC said...

Dude, you can't be cut and pasting pitchfork. We got to have some standards. That's worse than the time I posted a Sccobie Brothers track.

T.J. said...

Okay, okay... fixed. I was trying to get out the door on a Friday. Cut a brother a little slack. Jeezus. ;)

DC said...

I was just fucking around.