Thursday, September 25, 2008

Girl Talk...Feed the Animals

Just picked up the latest Girl Talk. I'm new to this guy, just picked up his previous album a couple weeks ago.

You can hear the entire album on his myspace site
http://www.myspace.com/girltalk

He's also selling the album for any price you choose
Feed the Animals

It's all available on his myspace page, but here's a track that stuck out to me on first listen
Boomp3.com

I don't know if this is him with Beck, but this image came up when googling Girl Talk

4 comments:

DC said...

Girl Talk is the guy who just does shows with a laptop and just presses play and then rocks out, right? Are these original jams, or just mash ups of other tunes?

DangerPup said...

You got it. I realize now that I didn't describe the album/musician in my post.

Most is not original (there may be some original parts, I'm not sure). The original part is the way they're all mashed up. But I find them highly enjoyable. The copyright issues are intriguing as well.

It's challenging and a bit of fun to pick out all of the samples and hear how he's mixed "Micky" with some recent hip hop. For those who like to know the answers before the test, the recent album samples are listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_the_Animals.

DangerPup said...

Though I've never seen him in concert, so I can't comment on that.

JKP said...

i have two teenagers...this is their FAVOURITE album right now...I'm sick to death of it, but it's pretty great