Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spiritual Esoteric Jazz



In case you missed this one:

"Spiritual Jazz: Esoteric, Modal And Deep Jazz From The Underground 1968-77"

Uh... you had me at "esoteric". Spiritual, esoteric, modal, underground deep jazz from sweet spot of '68-'77? You can rearrange those words in any order and you've got my attention.

Seriously, this comp on Jazzman of Strata East-type jazz cuts, more funky than free freak out, is something special. Buy it or holler at me for a DVD trade.

D-Styles

4 comments:

Gabino said...

Holla!

EJ said...

you hooked me up w this already...just like i already hooked you up w the Ethiopiques ish!!

DC said...

Oh that was you with the Ethiopiques shit. I thought that was Hurewitz. Holla for a dolla.

EJ said...

is this stuff from Africa? A lot of it doesn't sound American.