Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jeff Parker



Sorry to be a blog-hog (if that is a term) but this is a really good'n if you aren't already hip to it.

Jeff Parker (guitarist of Tortoise/Isotope 217 fame)(and other projects) has a couple solo joints. One of my favorite guitarists.

Right now I'm listening to "Like Coping". So good. It's just a straight ahead jazz cd. There is one track that is free jazz freak out, but other than that it is straight ahead, great playing, great compositions, quality "jazz" record. It's on Delmark, not Thrill Jockey.

Can I get an "amen" from someone out there if you feel me on this one?

2 comments:

EJ said...

Amen, Looch. The 2nd Jeff Parker CD is really good, too. I think it's called The Relatives.

rootless said...

Yeah, I don't think that's a controversial post, Jeff Parker's one of my favorite guitarists as well. I think I like Relatives as much or more than Like Coping. Both albums sound modern, but like they could have also been recorded in the 60s.