Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Faces: Good Boys When They're Asleep


This is a best of comp from 1999. There are 19 tracks on this disc. I say, "all killer no filler"! If you don't know how good Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood were, after listening to this you'll know. This has some of their hits, ooh La la, stay with me, ect. There are some really good jams with hammond b3, slide guitar, blues riffs, and Stewart at his peak if you ask me. I'd say this was a 70's "super group". Y'all know what Stewart and Wood went on to do. Drummer Kenny Jones replaced Keith Moon for The Who, talk about a tough gig!
Boomp3.com

2 comments:

Gabino said...

Someone gave me their box set recently. I was completely uninterested because of the "Rod' factor, but I have to admit it kicked my ass. Most surprising is how cool the rhythm section is, Ronnie Lane has a very simple yet inimitable style, and if you've only heard Kenny Jones play "Eminence Front" he deserves better.

T.J. said...

Ah, yes, another one of those "early-days" shockers for me, too.