Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Heliocentrics are Out There!



















How could I forget to post about this band? They're definitely spending the most time in my ears (along with The Roots Of Chicha CD).
Like your beats raw? Check.
Like spooky ambient weird noises? Check.
Like a Sun Ra-esque devotion to things outer space? Check.
Like '70s production and recording techniques? Check.
My favorite track is "Sirius B"-- think the "funky drummer" beat, but in 7, with crazy horn polyrhythms on top and some Afrobeat percussion thrown in as well.
Did I mention the band is led by Malcom Catto, the drummer? REPRESENT!

3 comments:

rootless said...

Great album, totally agree.

DC said...

Agree, plus the gratuitous use of links in your post took it over the top.

The Gaslamp Killer vs. Heliocentrics podcast is dope, think you can find it at www.Stonesthrow.com

dc

shadow of shathragot said...

I checked this out and it's legit funko spacearama jam tastic!