Friday, September 26, 2008

The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide in Black

I was scolded by the Dizza to contribute, so here I go – bringing you the perfect album for a Friday...



I was going to write some shit about how this album (an album of primarily soul and R&B covers) is THE Dirtbombs album to check out and wax on and on as to why, but blah blah lah dee dah. None of that really matters. None of it should take away from the fact that this album kicks major ass and that's all you really need to know. Check out a couple prime cuts...

A cover of Curtis Mayfield's "Kung Fu", complete with a minute+ freakout-jammy intro:
Boomp3.com

And a cover of Sly and the Family Stone's "Underdog":
Boomp3.com

Rock out with your cock out...


TJ

6 comments:

DC said...

I'm loving these 2 jams.

DC said...

hit send too quick...

Never checked these guys before but there was an article on them in Wax Poetics last month. Check it out.

T.J. said...

Oh, word. I'll check it out.

I just saw they're currently touring with TV on the Radio. They'll be here in LA at the Wiltern on November 6&7. Hell yes. Hopefully, we'll be celebrating our nation's first black president.

Here's to black dudes and dudettes taking back rock and taking back the country that was built on their stolen labor.

I'm sure we want to keep politics and WWALT separate, but I couldn't resist... dude is REAL.

Power to the people.

(I almost forgot I was white for a second there.)

Fired up!

:X



ha!

DangerPup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DangerPup said...

I'll pick this up just based on their name and those two tracks. Thanks for the post.

JKP said...

i had forgotten about this record....thanks for the reminder, it's juicy...the Detroit Cobra's "Baby" isnt as good but it has a couple of gems on it