Monday, September 15, 2008

POP goes the Walker!

Yo Broheims,

After much reflection and time spent doing things that will earn me a living, I have decided to “chime” in on the cultural phenomenon the has become WWALT. I am always inspired and challenged by “our creator–DC” and his unending quest to find records that he and possibly four others, have heard and his desire to spread the word. Thanks to DC and others, I have been enlightened to many things that I most definitely would not have found on my own.
A bit of BG- I grew up on Led Zeppelin, RUSH, KISS, the Who, 70’s Rock Radio, 80’s pop and Jazz.
I appreciate good songwriting in most genres and tend to “stay inside my yard” so to speak.
So, when Don asked me to join WWALT, I was hesitant because I felt that my “yard” might be a bit too “manicured” for this group. However, as in life, I have decided to say: Who fucking cares what you think, i know who i am–or something to that effect. So here it goes:

Right now I am super hip on the new Raconteurs: Consolers of the Lonely.
I know that one of you posted about this record a while back-however I have something to add:
These songs are so well crafted. Great stories, both musically and lyrically. They are more of a “band” this time around and i believe that Jack is letting Brendan add much more of his style to this record. The sounds on this record are tremendous. I love the bass sound and the Organ jam on Salute Your Solution. (I said Organ jam, ewww) But all the songs on this record, do produce organ jam for me.


Well, I hope that u dig the reinforcement and will check out this record, it rocks.

2 comments:

DC said...

Word. I have pretty diverse interests in music, and hope to get an even more diverser (?) group of pople on the blog. I'm still waiting for Harris to post some old 70's soul or someone to post some bluegrass or something.

Post 100 words on your fave Zepplin album.

No top-40 Country Western, though. Anyone puts Shania Twain up here and you are dead to me.

JKP said...

you know sarah palin just loves shania....she's gotta, right? ...anyway i'm posting here just to give props to jj's design eye. very cool.

100 words on a zeppelin album? maybe on the first bar of communication breakdown. actually, in through the out door: "in the evening - mortal but fine", and then just repeat "crap" 94 times