Friday, September 12, 2008

DFA 1979



Cracking into my second beer at work after a long, fucked up crazy hectic week. My colleague did beer run for happy hour starting at 4:30.

Whenever I have a few beers at work or after work, and I get on the subway to go home, the M.O. is to listen to Monster Magnet "Spine of God" or (ironically) Minor Threat Discography on 10 and rcck the fuck out.

Don't have those on the iPhone, so today I considering Dead Meadow, but even that is a little too pussy for me right now. Also Soundgarden "BadMotorFinger" was runner up but I was checking that out yesterday (give that another listen if you haven't checekd it in a while, fucking great album and totally appreciate it as an older, wiser perons).

So I'ma go with "DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979" tonight. You ever check that out? On Vice Records. 2 dudes, bass and drums, and they rock. And so, in close, that wins album art post status for this blog entry.

These guys fucking rock. And they are canadaian, I believe.

1 comment:

jj walker said...

matt chamberlain is the most underrated rock drummer of his day. god bless the garden and all who came before them. Zep, black sabath et al